A non-strict, a non academic list of some Public Health apps available for smartphones. Of course, you can send us some new recomendations
- Asturias Health Observatory-OBSA. Probably first app about Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) including determinants and health results measures. It will have info about OBSA health assets database. OBSA will give you information about local SDOH measures in your county or in your GIS location. You will find information about nearest health assets, promotion health interventions and access to the Asturias Health Community Guidelines. It will be avalaible soon for Android and iPhone
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality – Electronic Preventive Service Selector (ePSS) The ePSS is an application designed to help primary care clinicians identify clinical preventive services that are appropriate for their patients. Use the tool to search and browse U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on the web or on your PDA or mobile device.
- Public Health News “With the HSPH Public Health News app members of the Harvard School of Public Health community and others can connect with each other and stay up-to-date on breaking public health news and research, plus events and activities going on around the School”.
- NYC Condom New Yorkers can find condoms using mobile phone GPS technology to locate the nearest venues that distribute free NYC Condoms
- Tobacco apps. Some interesting apps in the web of ”My life without you”. For Android and iPhone
- American Hearts Association. My Heart, My Life. Now you can create, find and track Walking Paths anytime, anywhere with the American Heart Association
- NICE guidance apps Access to NICE guidelines from your smartphone.
- Health Map- Outbreaks near me. Scary movie!!. The essential app in Maggie Chan, WHO Director, smartphone. “With HealthMap’s Outbreaks Near Me application, you have all of HealthMap’s latest real-time disease outbreak information at your fingertips. Open the app and see all current outbreaks in your neighborhood, including news about H1N1 influenza (“swine flu”). You can acces to local news related with outbreaks
- Epidemiology and biostatistics. is a fully-featured flash card app that helps you learn what factors affect health. Avalaible iphone and android.
- Sleep bot. A little app for monitoring your dreams
- Epidemiology toolbox. Offers a collection of basic analytical functions for epidemiologists
- This is public health. is a companion product of the viral “This Is Public Health” campaign, which was created to share how public health affects us on a daily basis. Participants of the “This Is Public Health” campaign layer virtual stickers on pictures to illustrate where and what public health is. This application allows you to add virtual resizable TIPH stickers in nearly 30 languages to photographs, email the pictures to your friends, and post to your Facebook page.
- AIDSinfo HIV/AIDS Glossary.
- Spatial Population Ecological and Epidemiological Dynamics Simulator (SPEED Sim). Is a tool that allows for hands-on-interactive exploration of the spatial dynamics of various computational models in population ecology and epidemiology.
Artículos de referencia: